Head of Programme Development - 5G Programme at Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
All Sessions by Jessica Ellis
Day 3 - 3rd of June
Virtual Workshop - Connected Communities & Driving Smart City Initiatives - Proving the Business Case
14:00 - 16:00
In a fragmented ecosystem, how do we get connected communities and smart cities up and running at pace, and what commercial models and monetisation structures exist to support this
- Challenges faced, problem solving, reasons to invest
- Monetization and commercial model. What’s working, and what isn’t. What challenges are the industry stakeholders facing?
- A perfect market RFP – what considerations for inclusion?
- Creating a business case in an unknown RoI landscape – what’s possible, and what isn’t?
- The social impact of getting things right
1. We need to increase adoption to increase demand and build the business case, but how? What steps? Barrier busting? What interventions?
2. What do LA's need to get their assets, asset data and usage data in order to build successful commercial models to meet their needs?
3. Asset/infrastructure Investment funding myth busting
2.00 Welcome and Introductions
2.20 Panel Discussion
3.10 Breakout Room Discussions & Networking
3.40 Feedback and Closing Discussions